Sensory Processing Workshops
The NHS, Lincolnshire County Council, Lincolnshire Parent Carer Forum (LPCF) and Aspens are offering an online support workshop for parents and carers of children and young people with sensory processing difficulties.
By sensory processing difficulties we mean:
- Sensitivity to certain sensations such as loud noises, smells, the feel of their clothes or another person’s touch. Common sounds may be painful or overwhelming; the light touch of a shirt may chafe the skin, and these experiences interfere with the child’s ability to engage in daily activities.
- Avoiding these sensations through certain behaviours.
- Lacking awareness of/not being sensitive enough to certain sensations such as food around their mouth, movement, and body position. Being unable to tell where limbs are in space or not being able to engage in conversation or play.
- Actively seeking sensations through behaviours such as chewing non-food items, fidgeting or being generally on the go.
The workshop will be held online on Zoom by a Behavioural Specialist from Aspens; it will last approximately two hours. Please ensure that you have accessed the resources prior to attending the workshop.
The workshop will not seek to provide a diagnosis but will provide information, advice and techniques on how to help you better understand sensory processing, and it will cover strategies and equipment that will help you to support your child.
There are 2 workshops available:
- 9 January 2024, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 5 March 2024, 10:30 am to 12:30 pm.
For more information and to book a place please access:
For any questions about the booking or course details, please email CYP_Intcommissioning@lincolnshire.gov.uk.